After having a year to remember in 2012, Natasha Baker is hoping this is just the beginning of many more years of success.
Here are 10 things you didn’t know about the Black Country Saddles sponsored rider.
1. Her lucky mascot is her Skye Terrier dog called Poppy.
2. She doesn’t suffer from competition nerves because she loves competing so much.
3. Her favourite RDA pony was called Forrester.
4. She was inspired to become a Paralympic Gold Medal winner after watching Lee Pearson compete in the 2000 Sydney Games.
5. She regularly has lessons with top dressage rider and trainer Emile Faurie.
6. Natasha’s horse Cabral loves bananas so much he eats them whole.
7. Natasha’s saddles are fully bespoke and made to exacting standards by Black Country Saddles.
8. In her spare time Natasha is a shopaholic – especially when it comes to clothes.
9. After her successful 2012 Natasha was awarded the Freedom of the Borough of Hillingdon and City of London as well as an MBE.
10. Cabral’s companion at home is a miniature spotted horse called Pilgrim.