Advice for Showing?

From preparation and plaiting to coping with show-day nerves! Share your competitive life experiences here
smurphy2000
The SECOND number please: 3

Advice for Showing?

Postby smurphy2000 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:28 pm

I am hoping to get to a show on Sunday and I'm excited, but I dont have a clue what to expect! I have a 14.2hh 6yo appaloosa gelding. He's a very pathetic appaloosa as he only has very light markingsdark brown and is a chunkier type, but not a cob. He looks very similar to lightweight hunters. I was thinking about tack and turnout etc. It is a small local show. Any experience/advice given on turnout, classes, etc, absolutely anything that I should know, or just your experiences would be very useful! Thank you Will post more pics later as this is not very good
Image[/quote]

Kaliska

Re: Advice for Showing?

Postby Kaliska » Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:58 pm

Tack and turnout classes are hard work in my experience. Got to wear the right colour gloves, jacket, clean boots, clean your tack to within an inch of it's life including buckle holes, clean numnah, clean horse, buttonhole normally I think.

Full appaloosas are normally shown in brown tack, but this shouldn''t be an issue for a local show at all. Just have fun!

Snipper

Re: Advice for Showing?

Postby Snipper » Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:28 pm

How did you get on at your show? I have an Appaloosa X and we did condition and turnout at our local show. I didn't worry about what I was wearing so much, I just went mad with polishing my horse and his tack! And I'm very fussy about my plaits! I got second despite probably wearing all the wrong things! We just went and had a good time!

Return to “Competitive life”