Big Brother – Black Beauty

Discuss all things horsey - or not - right here!
littlehorse

Re: Big Brother – Black Beauty

Postby littlehorse » Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:50 pm

I am not sure who Shabby is as I have not seen Big Brother - maybe I should watch an episode of that.

HollyGee

Postby HollyGee » Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:12 am

Who's Gemma? Is that the part Shabby played? Shabby has left now anyway so she just needs to do a few mag interviews and she'll be forgotten forever. and Good point Horsegirl re LiLo and her having roles reversed!

horse_girl

Postby horse_girl » Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:18 pm

I know, I haven't seen it for years - although I don't know if I'd want to see it again, it makes me bawl my eyes out every time! What is it with horsey films being weepy... I cry every time at the Horse Whisperer but the worst has to be International Velvet - I've seen it more times than I can remember but it gets sadder each time

Scally

Postby Scally » Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:03 am

I know!! Every horsey film I own is a tear jerker! Black Beauty, National and International Velvet, Pharlap and Sea Buiscuit. Has anyone ever seen the film Into The West?

HollyGee

Postby HollyGee » Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:11 am

International Velvet makes my cry like a baby - the bit where she goes "It's the foal! It's the foal!" and they run around together. So cute. Did you know that the girl who played her, Tatum O'Neal went onto have a part in SATC? She played the woman who made everyone take their shoes off at the door....I digress..

Scally

Postby Scally » Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:32 am

Really? Ha Ha. I'm going to have to watch International Velvet tonight now!

HollyGee

Postby HollyGee » Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:44 am

I'd lovvve to watch International Velvet again - i recorded it off the TV in the 80s and watched it so much the tape corrupted eventually! must get the DVD i think.

ALSO did anyone find the Black stallion films really eerie? I don't really remember there being much talking in them which made it quite spooky somehow....

Return to “General horsey chat”