Bling

From preparation and plaiting to coping with show-day nerves! Share your competitive life experiences here
Ecb+Doodlebug

Re: Bling

Postby Ecb+Doodlebug » Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:47 pm

For me, lots of bling like diamante has never had much appeal to me, especially with stirrups or whole bridles, but I like a bit of colour.

I like the velvet and ribbon browbands(the simple ones - i really enjoy seeing which one suits my horse) and things like that, and saddlecloths in different colours, but I never go any further than that.

dominochase

Postby dominochase » Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:44 pm

I saw, in the tack room at a friend's yard the other day, a full-size pink bridle and martingale, with pink diamante browband. It was quite... umm... in your face...
It's a lot like nuts and bolts –
if the rider's nuts, the horse bolts!
[b]Nicholas Evans[/b]
[img]http://static.zooomr.com/images/1078553 ... 33bf_m.jpg[/img]

selkie

Postby selkie » Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:50 pm

I saw, in the tack room at a friend's yard the other day, a full-size pink bridle and martingale, with pink diamante browband. It was quite... umm... in your face...
Eeek... I did once see a turquoise bridle and stirrups but they were pony sized. Please don't tell me there was a pink saddle?

dominochase

Postby dominochase » Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:00 pm

I didn't see a pink saddle, thank goodness. There was a very pink saddle cover!

Talking of bling, has anyone seen the diamante gloves in November H&R. I'm torn... I can't decide if I want some or want to run the other way!
It's a lot like nuts and bolts –
if the rider's nuts, the horse bolts!
[b]Nicholas Evans[/b]
[img]http://static.zooomr.com/images/1078553 ... 33bf_m.jpg[/img]

Return to “Competitive life”