Bling

From preparation and plaiting to coping with show-day nerves! Share your competitive life experiences here
Lucinda

Bling

Postby Lucinda » Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:51 pm

Do you love it or hate it? I am a huge fan - the more diamante the better! I love colour-coordinated bandages, saddle cloths and waist coats, too. Am I alone here?

Kate_H&R_AssistantEd

Re: Bling

Postby Kate_H&R_AssistantEd » Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:47 am

Hi Lucinda,

Why not check out the What's in Store section of the August issue of H&R - look on page 103 and you'll find a gorgeous, pink, blinging bridle! If you aren't a pink fan, it also comes in ice blue.

Happy shopping,

Kate

Kate_H&R_AssistantEd

Postby Kate_H&R_AssistantEd » Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:47 am

Ps It's on sale tomorrow - July 15th

hessy

Postby hessy » Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:08 pm

Well it depends on what you mean by bling lol!

I once saw a wee girl turned out at a show - pink everywhere. Even the saddle was pink - it was a synthetic saddle - stirrups were pink metallic. Horrific lol!

I dont mind colour co-ordination going as far as matching girth and saddle cloth, bandages for example - which looks pretty nice i think on the whole.

bling bridles - nah.

I prefer it plain i think ;D

mja

Postby mja » Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:23 pm

I love bling cos I love sparkle myself and am known for my diamonds lol but not the cheap trashy type. My hubby kindly treated me to a gorgeous wedding and engagement ring plus a diamond faced Tag watch.

For horses I like bling in dressage but only if it is good quality (I adore my new Elevator bling bridle with swarvoksi crystals) and think blokes and geldings are better being plainer (our boy has a nice studded browband so swish but not girlie). I dont like it wen everything is bling as its too much.

Lucinda

Postby Lucinda » Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:25 pm

Just bought brand new bandages with little bling crystals on the sides. They are gorgeous! Yes I agree, men on geldings is not a good idea lol. A few years ago, my friend asked me to ride her horse and I tacked her chestnut gelding up with pink bandages and a pink saddle cloth just to wind her up. Bless her she did see the funny side.

mja

Postby mja » Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:31 am

Yeh when first loaned mare she was ridden in bridle with pink diamonte browband and I looked a right nelly at drag hunt (I stress DRAG hunt) and hubby felt a plonker riding her in it haha.

Some think my bridle is VERY bling as both browband and noseband but I loves it and has had alot of compliments that classy looking (would need to at that price lol).

Lucinda

Postby Lucinda » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:18 pm

Ha ha just realised I posted men on geldings isn't a good idea. I meant men on geldings wearing bling wasn't a good idea lol.

mja

Postby mja » Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:37 am

Lol I didnt even notice as read it as what you had meant to type! See how our brains are so programmed...........

HollyGee

Postby HollyGee » Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:56 am

I wuoldn't go much further than a sparkly browband myself (actually you can get some nice, subtle blinging stirrup irons...) but you can get a gorgeous patent leather bridle which sounds perfect for dressage!

Return to “Competitive life”