Detangler

Get advice on the right gear to buy for yourself and your horse, and offer horsey shopping hints to other riders
HollyGee

Re: Detangler

Postby HollyGee » Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:22 pm

Gold label do a nice one - it lasts for aages and unlike the canter spray if you get it on your hands it dosent coat your hands in a silk shine!

I like the canter spray but find if I get it on my hands that it feels like i've lost all grip on my hands and they go all shiny and smooth for a while! Does anyone else get this or am I just odd?!

Yes I get that too! That's why they say not to put it on the saddle area of the horse...

Big Brown Horses

Postby Big Brown Horses » Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:30 pm

I'm not sure Snipper, it's fab on horses tails and manes so why not on human hair???

HollyGee

Postby HollyGee » Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:31 am

ABSORBINE MOISTURIZING DETANGLER GEL IS AMAZING!!!! It is a gel so a bit greasy to apply, but the hair becomes so soft and shiny. I use it on my own hair extensions as well, I won't use anything else as it is so effective!

Kate_H&R_AssistantEd

Postby Kate_H&R_AssistantEd » Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:34 am

I agree with HollyGee, the Absorbine gel detangler is very good. It gives a great shine, repels mud and maes the hair lovely, smooth and shiny. Just store it upright!!!!!

dominochase

Postby dominochase » Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:23 pm

I have to admit to using Canter on my hair back in the day. It was great and really made it shine. Getting it out or getting it off my hands when I had run my hands through it... now that was a different story!
It's a lot like nuts and bolts –
if the rider's nuts, the horse bolts!
[b]Nicholas Evans[/b]
[img]http://static.zooomr.com/images/1078553 ... 33bf_m.jpg[/img]

hessy

Postby hessy » Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:36 pm

i have found baby oil good for field kept horses. we have a pony staying in our field and i put practically a whole bottle into her tail lol and then it was left for maybe a week before we got round to attempting to brush it - bearing in mind goodness knows when it was last brushed - and it came up beautifully - it made the hairs less brittle too - we used a hairbrush for combing it.

i wouldnt recommend it for general use for riding horses as its messy to put on and it makes the tail greasy to handle after you put it on. (obv lol) also i wouldnt try to comb it through straight away in any case.

a lot cheaper than a 15 quid bottle of detangler!

dominochase

Postby dominochase » Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:40 pm

I've never heard of using baby oil! That's a great tip! I will definitely be bearing it in mind for the next tangled companion tail I come across.
It's a lot like nuts and bolts –
if the rider's nuts, the horse bolts!
[b]Nicholas Evans[/b]
[img]http://static.zooomr.com/images/1078553 ... 33bf_m.jpg[/img]

littlehorse

Postby littlehorse » Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:52 pm

Baby oil works really well on tails and it does not get too greasy either.

Return to “Gear guide”