e-readers

Discuss and review the best horsey books around
dominochase

e-readers

Postby dominochase » Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:44 pm

I have just become the proud owner of a Sony E-Reader, although I haven't actually got around to switching it on yet and have about 20 'real' books to read. I'm thinking I might alternate between a real book and an electronic one until I'm up to date. Does anyone else on here have an e-reader? Do you like them? I'm not planning on taking mine to the yard, it looks a little bit dainty for that, I'm bound to drop it in a puddle and then have it stepped on.
It's a lot like nuts and bolts –
if the rider's nuts, the horse bolts!
[b]Nicholas Evans[/b]
[img]http://static.zooomr.com/images/1078553 ... 33bf_m.jpg[/img]

selkie

Re: e-readers

Postby selkie » Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:20 pm

YAY! Another converted! Well almost. I've had mine since Christmas and I love it. Although my friend thinks it's mad that people would choose a book that needs batteries to work over simple one with paper.
They really aren't horse proof but then I don't have time to read at the yard. Not found any horsey ebooks yet. Well except for expletive Francis novels...

dominochase

Postby dominochase » Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:38 am

I have now switched it on and downloaded some books and I love it! I am well and truely converted Selkie! It's so much lighter to carry around than an actual book and fits in a smaller bag, huge bonus! Screen is really easy to read. I'm going to be on a mission to convert others. And my goodness, how much more space I am going to have in my house without the rammed bookshelves!

It's my new favourite thing. Hopefully we'll be able to find some horsey books on there soon as I struggled to find any as well!
Last edited by dominochase on Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
It's a lot like nuts and bolts –
if the rider's nuts, the horse bolts!
[b]Nicholas Evans[/b]
[img]http://static.zooomr.com/images/1078553 ... 33bf_m.jpg[/img]

Soraya_H&R_AssistEd

Postby Soraya_H&R_AssistEd » Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:42 am

Has anyone got an iPad or iPhone? We've just launched our Horse&Rider app so you can read Horse&Rider on the move, too!

I really like eReaders – particularly the ones that use e-ink so they're easy on the eye! I have a Sony one on my Christmas wish list, so I'm glad to see you both like them. Now I want one even more!
Follow [url]http://www.twitter.com/HR_insider[/url] for the latest news, gossip and diary dates from the UK's No.1 best-selling equestrian monthly magazine
[img]http://static.zooomr.com/images/1082166_e0beba118d.jpg[/img]

ponyprincess

Postby ponyprincess » Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:26 am

Do you have a Sony e-reader as well Selkie? I've been thinking about getting a Kindle instead and I'd like to see what other people think about them.

Kaliska

Postby Kaliska » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:20 am

Yes, I too have a SONY e-reader and I love it! I have about 100 books downloaded and am gradually working my way through them all!

Absolute_shambles
The SECOND number please: 3

Postby Absolute_shambles » Wed May 23, 2012 11:04 am

Don't they knacker your eyes though? And what about the smell and feel of the paper of a book?
And glare, and the fact you look like a complete techno bod....

:roll:

Kaliska

Postby Kaliska » Wed May 23, 2012 11:39 am

My SONY one doesn't knacker my eyes at all. I still own books - ones that I read over and over again are much better with the proper feel of a book!

However, for holidays and overnight trips, the e-reader is much better for me than carting around a tonne of books as I read so much!

cherrybay101
The SECOND number please: 3

Postby cherrybay101 » Wed May 30, 2012 7:03 pm

i bought an e-reader for christmas but it went completly unresponsive at times so i was stuck on one page, said over 1,000,000 free books or whatever it was but they was all just classics. not that there is anything wrong with classics it is just that i think that if you have to pay for a machine then pay for the e-books on it too.... well

i took it back a couple of weeks later and enjoyed the money much more on something else than on my e-reader! though it may be different on different e-readers i am not sure!
cherrybay101= true lover of horses! <3

Return to “Horse&Rider Book Club”