Foxes

Discuss all things horsey - or not - right here!
Dingbat

Foxes

Postby Dingbat » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:12 pm

I've got an unusual problem. A cheeky little fox has taken to playing grandma's footsteps with me while I'm riding in the school. He starts off about 10 metres away, running off whenever I come past on a horse and last night he ended up in the school with us! Fortunately the horse I ride is very well behaved, but it's not doing a lot for our concentration levels. Any suggestions?

Snipper

Re: Foxes

Postby Snipper » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:50 pm

Weird, we've had a few visits from foxes too! A few days on the trot there was a fox the was standing at the same end of the school watching us ride – on an almost dark evening my friend's horse found him a bit scary and started spooking at it! And a few weeks ago I went to get a friend's horse in for her and a fox was stood next to the horse watching me walk towards them. He only trotted off a bit as I started to put the headcollar on and stood and watched us leave from a safer distance. I can't believe how tame they seem. Not sure how to get rid of them, but it's really strange - I've definitely seen more of them recently. Do you think it might be anything to do with the hunting ban?

littlehorse

Postby littlehorse » Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:40 pm

Very strange - not the normal behaviour from a fox. They usually run away!!!

Dingbat

Postby Dingbat » Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:00 pm

I doubt it's got much to do with hunting as we're not in an area that's ever been used by any major hunts. It really felt like he thought it was fun!

Return to “General horsey chat”