Got a great idea for a feature?

Discuss all things horsey - or not - right here!
Horse&Rider

Got a great idea for a feature?

Postby Horse&Rider » Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:29 am

The Horse&Rider team is having a brainstorming session - to come up with the next round of ground-breaking feature ideas for the magazine. The team would love to hear from you too! Have you got an idea for a story you'd like to see in Horse&Rider? Post your ideas here, or if it is too top-secret to post, email editor@djmurphy.co.uk!

pukkapony

Re: Got a great idea for a feature?

Postby pukkapony » Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:41 pm

I have had trouble bonding the trust with my rescue pony..... maybe a feature of ways to bond with your horse? I have heard of games you can play with your horse to encourage a 'herd like' trust?

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:40 am

Thanks - I will pass the idea on to our editor, Nicky Moffatt. We have done bonding features in the past, but not for a while. I agree that building herd trust is interesting. We'll keep you posted!

stzspony

Postby stzspony » Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:20 pm

Maybe a interview with Mary King
or like help with starting british eventing
& ways to approach XC jumps like the diffrent styles
and the diffrent styles of SJ jumps like oxers and things if you get what i mean and the way to approach that
just a few ideas :D

Mel_H&R_WebsiteEd

Postby Mel_H&R_WebsiteEd » Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:26 pm

Thanks for those ideas stzpony, the H&R Editorial team is on to it! Mary King is great, isn't she? You may remember the extract we featured from her new autobiography a few issues ago, it's a fantastic read. And don't forget you can save £3 if you buy it from our online shop http://www.horseandrideruk.com/shop/hor ... raphy.html

Keep those ideas coming!

Mel
H&R Online

benji1

Postby benji1 » Sun May 16, 2010 3:39 pm

Personally I'd really like to see more aimed at beginner/novice riders (it would have really helped me all those years ago!) or riders who are returning and feeling rusty.

Would also love a feature with Emily Lewellyn! Pardon me II what a lovely horse!

Soraya_H&R_AssistEd

Postby Soraya_H&R_AssistEd » Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:26 am

Thanks for the suggestions Benji1! They have been passed on to our editor, Nicky.
Follow [url]http://www.twitter.com/HR_insider[/url] for the latest news, gossip and diary dates from the UK's No.1 best-selling equestrian monthly magazine
[img]http://static.zooomr.com/images/1082166_e0beba118d.jpg[/img]

Archie

Postby Archie » Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:15 pm

Just a question, do you ever publish features on ponies or are you strictly horses?

Just there are so many adults these days who own, ride and compete very successfully on ponies it would be a shame to think ponies are just for children. Plus all the M&M heritage and blood lines etc is so interesting.

Just a thought.

mja

Postby mja » Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:34 am

Feature on the RDA perhaps and its competitions and how to volunteer to help........

Feature from a dressage judge's point of view.

Feature on informed bitting.

Feature on sheath cleaning or not - the debate!

Maybe these have already been covered.........

hessy

Postby hessy » Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:32 pm

what about an article on british riding club centres - i dont think a lot of people know about this and as far as i know there arent that many in the UK. the pony club centre membership scheme seems to be good and there are centres popping up everywhere.

how to get into carriage driving (for competition and pleasure) where to go to take lessons, what sort of horse/pony is good for driving,how to go about breaking to drive, any road safety tests, what equipment you need and whats it called, different types of carts, equipment maintenance, exercising driving horses, a day in the life of a carriage driver, what a horse driving trials involves, what sort of preparation is needed for the three phases....cant think of any more things!

Comparison on physios, chiros and equine massage therapists - what they do, the differences between them, whether or not you need a vet referral, why you would choose each one for different situations ETC. where you would go to look for a qualified one - what sort of training do they each have.

comparison on registered farriers, barefoot trimmers, equine podiatrists - as above.

alternative therapies - an article on each one every month - reiki (sp), equine spa/swimming for horses, aromatherapy/bach flower remedies/herbalists, shiatsu (sp), etc etc. what each invloves, why you would choose to use each one, where to look for a qualified one, what sort of training, a day in the life etc.

how to fit horse equipment correctly - bridles, bits, nosebands, saddle cloths, girths, stirrups etc etc.

Return to “General horsey chat”