Human supplements

Lost when it comes to horse feed, forage and supplements? What works for your horse? Join the discussion
HollyGee

Human supplements

Postby HollyGee » Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:10 pm

Ok I know this is a forum for HORSEY supplements, but what about human supplements?!

I have a really good tip for keeping full at the yard without resorting to pack lunches that need planning, making and refrigerating. I drink protein shakes and absolutely swear by them as an alternative to a packed lunch (I'm not on any sort of diet or fitness programme or anything)! The ones I use are just like thick, creamy milkshakes so they are tasty as well as filling - there are strawberry, choc, banana and vanilla flavours!

A sachet's-worth totally fills me up and I can guzzle it down quickly with out the hassle of sarnies etc/stopping for a break when I could be riding. I also find them great for battling aches and pains after long rides as apparently they help rebuild damaged muscles.

Does anyone else use these - and if so any tips as to which ones are tasty/good?!

Snipper

Re: Human supplements

Postby Snipper » Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:42 pm

Yes, I have tried protein shakes - although I get strange looks from friends at the yard as they think I'm trying to become a body builder or something! They are really filling and keep you going for ages. I've also found some special protein chocolate crisp bars, which are more convenient to take to the yard and do just as good a job at keeping the hunger at bay!

Ecb+Doodlebug

Re: Human supplements

Postby Ecb+Doodlebug » Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:57 pm

I might have to try them, i'm too much of a good doer, i probably eat as much a horse if i'm not careful!
Where can you buy them from? x

Return to “Feed, forage and supplements”