I love riding early in the morning because...

Answer H&R's quick-fire questions and you could appear in the magazine
admin
Site Admin

I love riding early in the morning because...

Postby admin » Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:41 am

You early bird! Why?

greyhorse

Re: I love riding early in the morning because...

Postby greyhorse » Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:20 pm

It sets me up for a great day and makes sure the dog gets a good romp, too!

stormybracken

Postby stormybracken » Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:11 am

Best time of the day between 5.00am and 7.00am, peaceful, weather is usually calm, fly free, no school mums late for school, see loads of deer, occassaional friendly dog walker, time before work, deserve bacon and eggs for breakfast when I get back!
:D

horse_girl

Postby horse_girl » Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:42 am

…when there's no one else around, it feels like you and your horse are the only ones in the whole world. On a hack, there's nothing else like it

pukkapony

Postby pukkapony » Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:26 pm

You can go out for literally hours and be safe in the know that darkness wont rurin your fun!

littlehorse

Postby littlehorse » Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:26 am

I enjoy the morning especially in the summer as it is cooler and there are less flies. It really sets you up for the day too, having had a nice early ride.

>katie<

Postby >katie< » Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:31 am

I love ridding in the morning because in the absence of the noise and the traffic it is easy to kid yourself you are the only person in the world... The crisp winter frosts and the still summer calms present the perfect opportunity for a uninterrupted ride in a peaceful sleepy world. As I ride through the woods where I live, on a chilly morning before collage I can almost feel the soft breeze on my face washing away the worries that will once again return the moment eight o'clock strikes. I can hear the sleepy birds singing and the distant sound of a lone car as it makes an early jeorney to it's unknown destination. I see my horses ears expletive as she spots a deer clearly surprised that any of our kind was daring enough to be out at such an hour. The over overpowering peace that is around at that time of the morning is indescribable to any one who has not experienced it for them self. Every morning I wish that the moments when I am cantering hair blowing over still fields with the sunrise behind me or when i am walking through snowy forests past a frozen lake rapped up in my warmest clothes would last an eternity for I know that when the spell breaks and i am once again in a class room confronted by text books that I will be yearning for not only the greatest pleasure in the world that is riding but for the freedom and cleansing purity of those moments just after dawn when me my beautiful horse and the world at large can once again be the happiest peaple on the planet...

Return to “In 50 words or less...”