Messy on straw!

Discuss all things horsey - or not - right here!
Dusty
The SECOND number please: 99

Messy on straw!

Postby Dusty » Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:39 pm

My pony is really horrible and messy and it looks like a bomb has gone off in her stable EVERY DAY! This is really bad with school and then only two hours to do all my jobs to ride, and she eats it so she gets a lot of clean straw every other day! I often don't have time to groom her probably or only five minutes riding. This is bad because one she is far away and two she is very unfit as she had her teeth done so I couldn't ride her for two weeks. It takes me about half an hour to muck out and about an hour and fortyfive minutes to do all my jobs including mucking out! HELP! I don't know what to do. :!: :!: :!: :evil: :x

stretl

Re: Messy on straw!

Postby stretl » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:11 pm

Have you ever thought about using shavings or something instead of straw your horse wouldn't make such a mess

Dusty

Postby Dusty » Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:01 pm

Have you ever thought about using shavings or something instead of straw your horse wouldn't make such a mess
I would but the owner of the yard charges about ten pounds more for shavings and the only other bedding there is pellets but only the stallions use those.
Thanks anyway!

Dusty

Postby Dusty » Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:34 pm

I would but the owner of the yard charges about ten pounds more for shavings and the only other bedding there is pellets but only the stallions use those.
Thanks anyway!
I've just tried shavings and my horse is much worse. The shavings go brown everyday!

Dusty

Postby Dusty » Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:20 pm

Thankyou for the comment about the shavings being worse! :D My horse has just moved stable and is now alot better.

Dusty :)

Return to “General horsey chat”