Michael Peace

Discuss and review the best horsey books around
fattywawa

Michael Peace

Postby fattywawa » Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:02 pm

Have look for any of his publications. Worth a read if you have any behavioural problems.

Highly recommended!

dominochase

Re: Michael Peace

Postby dominochase » Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:48 pm

I have to agree that they really are worth a read. He has a great take on things and tips and advice!
It's a lot like nuts and bolts –
if the rider's nuts, the horse bolts!
[b]Nicholas Evans[/b]
[img]http://static.zooomr.com/images/1078553 ... 33bf_m.jpg[/img]

mja

Postby mja » Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:11 am

I havent any of his books but love his articles i magazines - i am now going to try his method for training a horse not to pull or resist being tied up or freaking when realises it is and snapping the rope etc by leaving it loose in stable with rope hanging onto floor so when it stands on it it cant hurt itself but learns in time that it needs to soften and stop resisting to be released.

cloudybay

Postby cloudybay » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:23 am

I had Michael out to get my horse used to clipping. Previously my horse used to rear when I so much as turned the clippers on and yet by the end of a one hour session, Michael was using the clippers on his face and ears and all over his body without him even flinching. He is exceptional with horses and never once compromises the horse for a result. I believe he has a talent that is beyond any other trainer I have ever witnessed.

horse_girl

Postby horse_girl » Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:00 am

yes i have seen him in action and he is very good. however, i have a feeling it's something that comes very naturally to him and he doesn't have to think about what he's doing too much - that's a problem when it comes to teaching others, as there are things he might do naturally and therefore expect others to do, so does not explain certain things. I find his articles really useful and thought-provoking, but i think I'd be lost if my horse suddenly did something unexpected that wasn't detailed in the article - i simply wouldn't know how to react.

Return to “Horse&Rider Book Club”