Most embarrassing horsey moment... ever!

Answer H&R's quick-fire questions and you could appear in the magazine
admin
Site Admin

Most embarrassing horsey moment... ever!

Postby admin » Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:17 am

If it still makes you cringe with embarrassment, we certainly want to know about it! Post your most embarrassing horsey moments, here!

greyhorse

Re: Most embarrassing horsey moment... ever!

Postby greyhorse » Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:32 am

Hunting on my Lusitano-cross, and doing interpretive, high-school movements down the high street on our first outing. He was terribly excited, and while all the bay hunters were trotting with a very business-like attitude, we were bouncing and leaping about like a coiled spring, cantering on the spot, a touch of Spanish Walk. I'd never gone before, and was trying to blend in... he had other ideas! He settled once we got to the commons, but we certainly did make a dramatic first impression.

horse_girl

Postby horse_girl » Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:34 am

As a child, being given a leg-up only to be sent flying over the other side of the pony... It got more than a few laughs!

Kaliska

Postby Kaliska » Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:59 pm

Doing round the world on my friends 38 year old pony — he was standing still and I was facing backwards when he started bucking! All I could see was his tail coming towards me and my friend was screaming at me to get off, so I half fell, half slipped off onto the icy, wet ground!

Ouch! Luckily it only hurt my pride but I was so embarassed that I didnt tell anyone for years!

pukkapony

Postby pukkapony » Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:23 pm

.... Falling asleep in a riding lesson.

I was studying horse care at college however at lunch time I had a strange allergic reaction to something. Not wanting to miss my lesson I nipped to the chemist who gave me some anti-allergy tablets. I went ahead with my lesson, while everyone else was jumping in turn I was getting very drowsy from the tablets I'd had earlier. I was found sound asleep slumped over the neck of my horse who was very happy grazing!!!

cloudybay

Postby cloudybay » Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:56 am

Going to my first dressage competition I found myself in a queue for a cup of tea and when it came to my turn, the man at the counter took my order and said 'nice knickers by the way!' Blushing, I looked down to realise that I had my white jods gaping open and a pair of bright pink knickers were on display for all to see. Worse still, I got to know the judge some years later who confirmed that I had ridden down the centre line and halted with pink knickers on show but she did say it had brightened up her day!

whizzypony

Postby whizzypony » Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:44 pm

When I was about 14 I asked my boyfriend to come and watch me at a show on my loan pony Aran - or Beanie as I used to call her. He dutifully came and met me at the stables with his friend, both on their bikes.
The show was just a short hack away across the field and through the woods to the common. Once we got into the field, my boyfriend's mate asked me "how fast can your pony go?" "Really fast" was my reply, so he offered me a race on his bike. I was up for that so I kicked Beanie on and off we went. Only for about three strides though because she put her head down and bucked me off! She then proceeded to gallop around the field, stirrups and reins flying and wouldn't let me catch her!
Darling Beanie has now sadly passed away but I remain good friends with the two boys who quite rightly still occasionally have a laugh at my expense.

redkitten

Postby redkitten » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:01 am

as a kid rushing to the stables for my lesson, hat: check, gloves: check, crop: check right, go!
only when i walk into the stable office do i realise i'm still wearing my pink fuzzy barbie slippers! mortified, had to borrow some boots about 3 sizes too big, spend the whole lesson trying to keep them on.

sabine2005

Postby sabine2005 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:50 pm

Show Jumping Cometition

Horse did the first jump, then the second......... then jumped out of the arena.

Judges Comment: "Horse is leaving the arena - Rider had to follow" :D

sabine2005

Postby sabine2005 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:50 pm

Show Jumping Competition

Horse did the first jump, then the second......... then jumped out of the arena.

Judges Comment: "Horse is leaving the arena - Rider had to follow" :D

Return to “In 50 words or less...”