Our first dressage comp

From preparation and plaiting to coping with show-day nerves! Share your competitive life experiences here
dollu31

Our first dressage comp

Postby dollu31 » Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:37 am

I got my new girl 2 months ago. She is a 5yr old ID and after finally getting a saddle sorted (looooonnnng story!) for the past few weeks we've buckled down with her training.

Keen to get her out and about I booked an Intro A dressage test at Merscough. She warmed up beautifully - cool as a cucumber in the new surroundings - and although she was a bit spooky in the smaller arena where the test was held, she was a good girl and produced some nice movements. Unfortunately her mum was a dope and forgot one of the movements, but despite this, we had lovely comments from the judge and i left feeling quite happy with myself and the neddie.

I was therefore thrilled when I had a call from a friend, who was riding a later test, to tell me we ha come 2nd!!! Woohooo!!! What a good girl!

I hope eventually to do a bit of everything with Dulcie - even some BE if I get brave enough as she LOVES jumping! sorry for the shameless bragging - but I am a very proud mum right now :D

anna_banana*

Re: Our first dressage comp

Postby anna_banana* » Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:06 pm

Wow, she really is a stunner! Congrats with with your test - I would love to do some dressage, but I don't think I could ever remeber the tests :?

Return to “Competitive life”