the horse that stole my heart! (:

Tell us about the first pony that stole your heart!
molly-drop

the horse that stole my heart! (:

Postby molly-drop » Tue May 24, 2011 3:00 pm

when i first arrived at the stables where jim was kept i instantly fell in love with his cheeky, handsome face.. i hadn't ridden for the past four years, a struggle which i hard truly tried to overcome, coming from a very non-horsey background finding the possibility to ride proved increasingly difficult as i grew older. however that never affected my determination, i was adamant i would ride again, and all my hard work paid off the day i met jim.
jim is a 5 year old, beautiful clysdale x gelding. he truly is a gentle giant. & has the kindest most loving personality, he is the most incredible horse i have ever met.
i could feel my nerves growing as i began tacking this lovely boy up, butterflies started to appear in my belly, going from a full time rider, jumping 3'6 courses and long rides along the downs to absolutely nothing for years was a big shock to me. i was worried i had lost all my talent, but i placed my trust in jim and that day he showed me i hadn't, he showed me i could still ride. & from that day we have ridden together every week - 3 or 4 times, i teach him and he teaches me, we learn together, that's how a horses and rider's relationship should be.. he truly is a fantastic chap, i don't know what i would do without him, he is prefect. and he has given me all my confidence back!!! :D

Flipsy90

Re: the horse that stole my heart! (:

Postby Flipsy90 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:34 pm

I love this story! I also come from a non horse background and my family do not understand my obsession with riding and horses! When I returned to riding I fell in love with a beautiful palomino called Murphy. He had a really bumpy gait and strange jump so he wasn't a popular horse with the other riders - which meant that I never had any competition to ride him :P We got on so well and he has really built my confidence back up again. My friends at the yard cannot understand how I have got so much out of him so it's great to know that he is really my horse not the stable's :P

I hope you are still getting on well with Jim, he sounds great!

Return to “The first pony I ever rode...”