Started riding because of daughter, wife, sister?

Size 12 riding boots... A hat that fits properly... Riding schools with man-sized horses... This one's for you, guys!
greyhorse

Started riding because of daughter, wife, sister?

Postby greyhorse » Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:08 pm

How many men start riding because their wives, daughters or sisters have horses? Sort of the ol' situation 'If you can't beat 'em, join 'em"?

pukkapony

Re: Started riding because of daughter, wife, sister?

Postby pukkapony » Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:10 pm

My boyfriend & 2 of his mates have all had a little go, my boyfiend & 1 of the mates have requested regular lessons, the other valued his male parts far too much!

Also, in the past have had an ex who couldnt beat me so joined me + taught 2 male friends to ride too, none of them kept it up but they know their diagonals & can canter on the right leg when asked!

mja

Postby mja » Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:13 am

My hubby came rom farming backround so always into animals and outdoors but not horses andhe so loves his beloved Fireblade motorbike but he is now a horsey mad convert too!

He came with me for a riding lesson as I said he owed me one as I got on back of bike lol and he was a hooked being told by instructor he was a natural and not to give it up! Then he came with me to watch and help and muck out as I rode local hunter for owner and we went for regular lessons at local school.

Then we loaned a TB mare (point to pointed and hunted) and he rode her after 6 months of learning! Now 2 and half years later he owns a TB gelding exracer!!

klb

Postby klb » Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:31 pm

due to me riding etc.. my hubby now rides, and my three daugters 5 1/2, 4 and 1 yr. i dont make them, its like a bug everyone has to have a little go.

leehutch

Postby leehutch » Fri May 06, 2011 12:41 pm

I first rode due to my girlfriend wanting to get back intoriding after a long time. She booked a ride at a local trekking centre and asked me to come along. I thought why not.

12 months later im now completely hooked and have now had a horse from a local yard for a few months on part loan and getting lessons regularly. Lovin it

Moglington

Postby Moglington » Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:06 pm

I started riding with my wife. She had ridden as a child but gave up after getting injured and losing confidence. Id never ridden before. She suffers with m.e and it was a good way to rebuild muscles and confidence. We started riding last August and I'm now really addicted I was originally just riding with her for 30min lessons once a week (that's all her illness lets her do at the moment) but now I'm going out on extra hacks at the weekend and really enjoying it.
I also find there is a complete lack of men's riding kit -and what there is costs twice as much as equivalent women's gear. It's really annoying!

Return to “Horsey blokes”