Horses who get bitten by dogs.

Tell us about the first pony that stole your heart!
CookieComeTrue
The SECOND number please: 3

Horses who get bitten by dogs.

Postby CookieComeTrue » Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:22 pm

I was looking through photos of my horse, Cookie, and I found one of him with a bandage on his back hocks. It was taken earlier this year.
Only a week after I bought Cookie, he got bitten by a Staffie. This meant it was deep and he lost a lot of blood. We nearly lost him, and he needed surgery, which was expensive.
People are so careless about their dogs, especially Staffies. They often let them off the lead near animals, and killing lifestock. This is more common in Australia, but I really hate this.

Kaliska

Re: Horses who get bitten by dogs.

Postby Kaliska » Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:20 pm

I can understand why you hate it, but I dislike the stigma around Staffies. Bad dogs are generally created by bad owners, they are not a bad breed!

When Cookie was attacked, did you ever try to take the person with the dog to court? You could do under the Dangerous Dogs Act if it was on public land.

CookieComeTrue
The SECOND number please: 3

Postby CookieComeTrue » Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:51 pm

We never caught the owner, all I saw was a staffie running up to Cookie and bite him. He wasn't in too much pain, but it was awful watching this.
I also hate the stigma about Staffies. Lots of awful owners get them to make them look really tough but they just hit the dogs.

Kaliska

Postby Kaliska » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:42 am

Thing is, most Staffies are nice, well-rounded dogs but they do have a high chase drive. I'm sorry that Cookie got bitten but I hope he is fully recovered now.

Return to “The first pony I ever rode...”