Best Dressage Saddle for an Arab - Please help

Get advice on the right gear to buy for yourself and your horse, and offer horsey shopping hints to other riders
Amnell

Best Dressage Saddle for an Arab - Please help

Postby Amnell » Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:42 pm

Dear all,
I am looking for a dressage saddle for my Arab gelding and as per normal with Arabs he is proving to be difficult to fit. At the moment I am in a quandary as to whether to go for a second hand expensive brand such as Albion or go for a new saddle from a cheaper brand such as optimus chester and save for a new expensive brand, thoughts?

Without knowing how much I will get for his existing saddle it's hard to say but I recon £600 is probably the absolute maximum I can go to. I know there are saddles designed specifically for the Arab but these are way out of my price range for a new one and getting hold of a second hand one will be difficult I think.

If anyone has any ideas on what brand is likely to fit I would be most grateful. I do prefer leather.

Many thanks in advance
Hannah

Kaliska

Re: Best Dressage Saddle for an Arab - Please help

Postby Kaliska » Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:07 pm

Hi,

I would recommend that you call out your local saddler and ask them to bring out a variety of saddles (including secondhand ones) and ask them to come and fit her. It may be that an adjustable gullet type saddles may work - Bates for example.

Return to “Gear guide”