Most embarrassing horsey moment... ever!

Answer H&R's quick-fire questions and you could appear in the magazine
AceofDiamonds

Re: Most embarrassing horsey moment... ever!

Postby AceofDiamonds » Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:56 pm

Ooo er, I have several 'moments'. Probably the funniest for everyone watching (and the most cringe-worthy for me) was not that long ago. I have ME and I have been progressively losing weight for sometime, despite efforts to halt it. So, everything in my wardrobe was at least a size too big - I was gradually replacing things and the riding stuff was on my list. I was in the indoor school one week having my usual group lesson and I felt strange trotting around on my horse. Everyone was giggling at me, even the instructor.
My half chaps had slid down my calves and had ended up in a heap around my ankles! Kinda like Nora Batty's stockings!
I stopped and put them to rights, totally red-faced, only to have it happen again when I went around the school. Dead embarrassing. I eventually had to take them off and ride with just the jods, praying that they didn't let me down!
I now have everything in the correct size - never doing that again!

MayAndPetit

Postby MayAndPetit » Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:25 pm

My most embarrassing moment was when I was trotting round my local lanes, singing at the top of my lungs, when suddenly five elderly people came walking around the corner. They all said that I was a good singer. I dont think I was.

CookieComeTrue
The SECOND number please: 3

Postby CookieComeTrue » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:44 pm

My friend Dannielle is posting this:
I was at a show, with my old pony Minstrel(who passed away this summer). We had just got a 2nd and me and a younger girl were trotting out together. I had pinned the blue and white rosette onto the martingale, and me and the girl chatted. Minstrel had enough, pulled the rosette off the martingale and immediatly dropped it on the ground, trampling it into the mud. The girl just stared as her well behaved black show pony did the perfect square halt!

CookieComeTrue
The SECOND number please: 3

Postby CookieComeTrue » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:43 pm

I was at a show on a pony called Skippa and my friend Issabelle was on Rooney, both blue roans. I think I was 7. Anyway, we were in an under 8's SJ class(rider not pony). Issie has just jumped clear and were on the top of the leaderboard. Then I went in. Skippa jumped clear until the last fence.
I fell on Skippa's neck a stride into the fence...
Skippa panicked and jumped...
I stayed on but Skippa bucked(me still hanging on) and I fell off. I would of beaten Issie if I hadn't fallen off! Oh!

IonnaStar
The SECOND number please: 99

Postby IonnaStar » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:24 am

CookieComeTrue - that is exactly the same what happened to me and Star SJing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FurryFlicka

Postby FurryFlicka » Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:03 pm

When one horse wants to be a Ferrari and race the other. As they race off their heads smack together, so making their shoulders do so, and at such a height I fly up between them and get stuck. Attempting to do what the men gymnastics do on the rings and push them apart to get my feet on the ground whilst the village watches and laughs!!
[color=#FF4080]Flicka[/color] [color=#800080]- you set my soul so [/color] [color=#FF4080]free [/color][color=#800080]you're like some[/color] [color=#FF4080] miracle[/color][color=#800080] an[/color][color=#FF4080] angel[/color][color=#800080] sent to me[/color]

IonnaStar

Postby IonnaStar » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:41 pm

I didn't know how to explain it. I was off XC with a neighbouring eventer at this really cool new course. My pony spooked at the ditch my instucter was at and the instucter kinda fell in... only I didn't notice. The it started raining, so I went home, leaving my instuctor behind in a lake of a ditch. Not on purpose, I just went home and put Star away.
The next day, Meg, the instructers daughter came up to me and demanded that I 'abandoned mummy' and 'mummy could of drowned'. Poor Meg, only 8 then!
SOM:(:(:(

Return to “In 50 words or less...”