Tragic loss of Cookie

Sometimes our time with special horses is all too short. Share your memories here
CookieComeTrue
The SECOND number please: 3

Tragic loss of Cookie

Postby CookieComeTrue » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:06 pm

The worst thing happened on Tuesday in the indoor arena. I was jumping Cookie when the lights went out. He wouldn't stop cantering and he threw me off, the next thing I heard was the clatter of poles and Cookie's whinny. I broke my arm, but Cookie broke his ribs. We put him to sleep that night. I'll never forget him, he was the best horse ever and I swear he knew he would die when he threw me off, he'd never act like that, ever. Rest in peace Cookie.

IonnaStar
The SECOND number please: 99

Re: Tragic loss of Cookie

Postby IonnaStar » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:05 pm

Sadly horses can fall jumping and problems do happen indoor. Our yard has seen injuries due to lighting inside the indoor manege, but only minor such as falls and grazes, maybe a slightly lame horse. This sounds different and more severe as not only the rider is injured, but the horse has so bad an injury that it has to be PTS.
I agree this is an awful way of a horse to die, and I have the feeling Cookie did it to save you from further injury. He's not the first and most certainly not the last...
RIP

CookieComeTrue
The SECOND number please: 3

Re: Tragic loss of Cookie

Postby CookieComeTrue » Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:53 pm

He was a lovely horse; He saved my life once, and I've saved his too!!
BFFs

Cookie, I loved everything about you. You never gave up and taught me too aswell. There wasn't a single person who disliked you. You saved me and Cappella. I saved you once. I think about you everyday. No horse deserved your stable and no horse will step a hoof into it.
Because it's yours.
And I love you.

Return to “Horsey memorial”