Fundraising Ideas Required :)

Discuss all things horsey - or not - right here!
Wildthing1784693
The SECOND number please: 99

Fundraising Ideas Required :)

Postby Wildthing1784693 » Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:51 am

Hello

The riding club I am currently at is looking to open a new centre as they are having to relocate due to developments being made in the area by the local council.

The riding school itself is great - they look after the horses well, have lots of customers etc, but really need to start earning more money to fund the new centre.

We have started looking into cost saving etc by getting a better booking system in place with a cancellation policy etc, and have started utilizing facebook and the website to generate more interest which seems to be working well.

We are now looking to potentially start up a fundraising committee to try and raise some money for the new centre.

We have started brainstorming - bag packing at t :?: he supermarket, a calendar for 2016 featuring the horses, ponies and riders, a bake sale etc. but I have been trying to think of something fun we could do involving the horses to raise money - either by charging to participate, or something we could ask for sponsors for.

We already have a monthly Show Jumping competition and a monthly Dressage competition, and an annual Gymkhana.

Anyone got any good suggestions we could try?

Thanks in advance :)

ponyrider

Re: Fundraising Ideas Required :)

Postby ponyrider » Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:26 pm

you could hold a hunters pace and charge people to get in or you could go trekking for a day and then sleep the stables with your horses and ponies ( basically a pony day with a horsey sleep over ;) ) and you can also have people pay to do it! :D

dusty_dulciexx

Postby dusty_dulciexx » Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:31 pm

Do 'own a pony days', Hacks, or even have a 'Riding School PONY club' that is held every month :) Hope this helped x

crunchycarrots

Postby crunchycarrots » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:06 pm

What about Adopt a Pony / Horse? You could have people's names up next to the horses' stable and make a little adoption pack with certificate and photo etc. Could be a great gift for kids and you could provide regular updates on the pony / horses activities / favourite treats. Could charge monthly or buy a years adoption perhaps? Just throwing the idea out there...

Humanhorse

Postby Humanhorse » Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:07 am

Hi. I'm a human horse. I enjoy carrying ladies and girls on my shoulders. I'd love to help u raise money. How about if I was you're fun human horse at an event day, and women and girls could pay to take rides on my shoulders. Any lady or girl could take part, I could carry the females throughout the day, I'm veey strong and fit so I'm up for the struggle, I would charge nothing! Just love to help u out. I hope u r interested in my suggestion. Best regards always. Timmy the horse.

Return to “General horsey chat”