Lo Cal Balancer and Light Chaff - HELP!

Discuss all things horsey - or not - right here!
meandmyconnie
The SECOND number please: 99

Lo Cal Balancer and Light Chaff - HELP!

Postby meandmyconnie » Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:41 am

Hello!

I am 13 years old and buy my pony's feed, hay, straw a long with my dads horses feed, hay and straw.

Anyway, I've been thinking of putting my pony Dusty onto Lo Cal Balancer. Obviously one con is that its £30 a bag for that and £8 a bag for pony nuts. But I can afford it. (My dad put me in charge of the yard so I can learn how to make a profit, he pays me for Shannons board and care etc. just like he was on my yard)

I've put together some pros and cons, but as a 13 yr old and my dad not being an amazing horse-person I came here for some help to see if it's a good option for my pony to be on this substance.

NOTE - She will also be on the light chaff as she bolts her food, and I know how much I need to feed her if she was to go onto the feed :)

Dusty is a 14.1hh Connemara 7 yrd old mare. She is currently being 'trained up' so being taught about outline, striding for jumping, balance etc.

She is a good-doer and it can be quite hard for me to control her weight in summer.
She loses a lot of weight in winter so all year round I have different challenges weight wise.
She's coming off your average pony nuts.

Also can you add garlic to the feed (thats the only supplement she has and evn then only in summer)?

Thankyou for any help, sorry this is so long :(

Meandmyconnie

horseymolly

Re: Lo Cal Balancer and Light Chaff - HELP!

Postby horseymolly » Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:24 pm

i put garlic granules in my horses feed :) a lot of people do it! It helps repel the flies and its also good for their immune system!

meandmyconnie

Postby meandmyconnie » Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:07 pm

i put garlic granules in my horses feed :) a lot of people do it! It helps repel the flies and its also good for their immune system!
Thankyou for this! I've been thinking about it but garlic granules - i can't get hold of them! I should have put this originally but do you think i could use powder and not wet it or is it mandatory to wet it?

Thankyou for your help! xx

horseymolly

Postby horseymolly » Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:49 am

i think wetting it would be wise as its a powder so could get stuck along his throat if that makes sense? x but i prefer the granules

Return to “General horsey chat”