BEF Futurity

Talk studs, breeding, broodmares and foals
Beanie93

BEF Futurity

Postby Beanie93 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:40 am

My mum runs a professional showjumping yard, but much to her dissapointment I'm more interested in dressage, so last year we decided to breed a foal for my to bring on into dressage. Harry was born on May 1st this year and he is by Treliver Decanter (Dimaggio) and our own showjumping mare, who happens to also move well. Of course my mum wil also bring him on as a jumper as well as developing his flatwork.

We decided to enter him into the BEF Futurity (at the end of July 09) for both dressage and showjumping, and I've researched it a bit, and my mum and I are hard at work with Harry and Venus, (my mum has bred a foals before but never taken them to a futurity) I would really appreciate any advice from anyone that has ever been or know about it!

greyhorse

Re: BEF Futurity

Postby greyhorse » Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:06 pm

Congratulations on your foal - sounds incredible! I helped prepare foals for a show one year - and have never been so tired at the end of a day! Between running with the mares, and trying to guess what loose, excited little ones are going to do, the whole process certainly kept us on our toes. I hope there are extra hands around to take photos of the whole process - an important milestone for your little one.

Return to “Studs, breeding, broodmares and foals!”