Trail riding in Kentucky USA

Find horsey paradise! Share holiday hints and find tips on trips
HollyGee

Trail riding in Kentucky USA

Postby HollyGee » Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:35 pm

I recently went trail riding in Kentucky and can't recommend it highly enough. It was so much fun - I went with the Big Red Stables and loved every second of it.

The horses were healthy, spirited and obviously happy and thankfully weren't riding school plods who were bored to death. We rode Western - my first time - and it was so comfortable I can see how cowboys stay in the saddle all day!

The landscape was beautiful as it is 'fall' so everything was red and gold, and there were some good tracks to canter and gallop along. We even saw a coyote! Would love to go back and try the real WIld West!

horse_girl

Re: Trail riding in Kentucky USA

Postby horse_girl » Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:28 pm

DO IT! I went to a ranch this summer and it was incredible - best experience of my life, ever! I am a converted cowgirl and am racking up a pretty good collection cowboy boots :)

We herded cattle, went shooting, did trail rides... although I beg to differ, 10 hours in the saddle is painful, western saddle or not!!

And we did some stuff in the arena too - turns out western riding isn't all about lassoing, they teach them leg yeild, rein back, turn on the forehand, spins - that's not for reining either, but to get the horses good for working with cattle. They are so responsive, I love quarter horses!

I can now be found searching for cows on the common whenever I go hacking... :)

HollyGee

Re: Trail riding in Kentucky USA

Postby HollyGee » Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:32 pm

OMG! Am sooooo jealous that's my dream I always wanted to be a cowgirl!!! Am def gonna look in2 going over there again nx yr to herd cattle and do it for real :o)

Return to “Horsey holidays”