Christmas day hack?

Is there an access group that needs your help or a bridleway that needs attention? Maybe you just need help getting your horse past post boxes...
greyhorse

Christmas day hack?

Postby greyhorse » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:16 pm

We are away from family this year, so are hoping to get out for a hack on Christmas day. Is this part of your holiday plans? That way us, the horses and the dog will be fresh-faced and ready for a big meal!Really looking forward to it. Are pubs generally open in the afternoon?

pukkapony

Re: Christmas day hack?

Postby pukkapony » Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:24 pm

Someone who is thinking on the same wavelength as me! I love christmas hacks, theres hardly a car on the road and you have the world to yourself! Not sure on the opening of pubs but maybe phone around in advance and see whats going on and when! Infact, I may well do that myself!

I once did a christams hack with my sister and when I came back my mum was waiting for us with 2 warm christmas dinners that we sat on the yard and eat!

We're doing christmas dinners for the horses this year as a bit of a giggle, a personal competition to see who can make the best look-alike christmas dinner with only horse suitable nibbles!

Kaliska

Re: Christmas day hack?

Postby Kaliska » Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:00 pm

Absolutely! I (sad I know) take my horse out with antlers, jingle bells etc. It's great fun and Christmas Day and Boxing Day are lovely and quiet except if the hunts out!

It's my favourite time to ride and my parents quite often tag along with us.

Return to “Hacking happiness”