Beach Riding!! THE BEST!

Find horsey paradise! Share holiday hints and find tips on trips
fattywawa

Beach Riding!! THE BEST!

Postby fattywawa » Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:56 pm

We couldn't afford to have a horsey holiday this year and two of our horses were out of action, so 6 of us treated ourselves to a beach ride!

We went in between Christmas and New Year, the weather was perfect much to our suprise! We had taken the precausion of packing many layers and waterproofs. One member even went as far as to pack dry undies!

We met up for lunch at a lovely local country pub and then set off for a two hour beach ride. It was fantastic! Six friends galloping across the sands, what more could you ask for?

Our most experienced rider manged to fall off at walk right at the waters edge. I don't think we'll ever let her live it down, but those dry undies came in handy!

Would recommend a beach ride with friends to anyone who wanted to get a group of friends together and have a fantastic fun day out!

AM76

Re: Beach Riding!! THE BEST!

Postby AM76 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:04 am

Whereabouts did you go? Are there still any beaches in the south of england that are easy to box horses to? I used to go to Climping with the Pony Club years ago, but I'm not sure if you are still allowed to ride there.

fattywawa

Postby fattywawa » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:52 am

We went to Studlands and it was awsome. I belive you can box to West Wittering as well although not to the main car park, there are stables near by.

Kate_H&R_AssistantEd

Postby Kate_H&R_AssistantEd » Fri May 07, 2010 9:23 am

I have also ridden along Studland beach, it was fantastic! The sand is golden and not too deep, the beach is long enough for a real pipe-opener and it wasn't too busy when I went so we didn't have to worry about stopping for walkers.

Have fun!

horse_girl

Postby horse_girl » Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:59 am

Yes and it's great if you want to swim with your horse too! I just went on a western dude ranch vacation holiday and although we werent on the beach we found some lakes which had appeared on the ranch (as there had been soooooo much rain) and we swam with the horses!! Amazing!! See the picts here http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 5266662302

Return to “Horsey holidays”