Is the football going too far?

Is there an access group that needs your help or a bridleway that needs attention? Maybe you just need help getting your horse past post boxes...
HollyGee

Is the football going too far?

Postby HollyGee » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:43 am

I'm not particularly a fan of the football anyway, but did anyone hear about the recent spate of accidents happening as a result of those England flags attached to people's cars?

Apparently a girl in Cornwall's horse spooked and bolted into a flat-out gallop when a car came past with its flag flapping loudly and she fell off and sustained injuries resulting in her being signed off work.

The horse is said to be traumatised, obviously, but has anyone else had any problems with these flags on the road? I am nervous about hacking out while the football's on in case the same happens to me.

horse_girl

Re: Is the football going too far?

Postby horse_girl » Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:06 pm

The world cup has a lot to answer for!!! There are flags everywhere, I can't stand it.

Snipper

Postby Snipper » Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:52 pm

Absolutely! And apart from the scary flags etc, and being utterly dull, it has totally taken over everything! WEG doesn't get this kind of coverage and support! It's time they started showing more support to exciting equestrian events! I'd much rather see horses on every TV channel and in all the papers than football!!

HollyGee

Postby HollyGee » Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:07 am

If only our horsey sports got this much coverage, I agree, that would be fab!! The Olympia coverage at Xmas isn't TOO bad, but yes, WEG should be a definite contender for some decent coverage - its the horsey equivalent to the World Cup!!

Irishcobfan

Postby Irishcobfan » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:42 pm

Hopefully the flags will be coming down now England are out hehe! Personally I have found they havent caused a problem to my horse or any of my friends horsesh owever I can certainly understand other rider's concerns- it's one more spooky thing we could do without but having said that we see it all where we are and it has made our horses a lot more reliable in the event of something unexpected happening!

HollyGee

Postby HollyGee » Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:39 am

Hehe I know - there's nothing like a thrashing and national disappointment to get those flags gone!!!! Haven't seen any since the embarrassment of that Sunday thank god....

Return to “Hacking happiness”