Bridleways near Wind Turbines

Is there an access group that needs your help or a bridleway that needs attention? Maybe you just need help getting your horse past post boxes...
serendipity

Bridleways near Wind Turbines

Postby serendipity » Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:03 pm

Funny - if it weren't so tragic. This might be hard to believe, but it is a forthcoming view from a bridleway on the Isle of Wight within a designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and a Site of Special Scientific Interest. A before and after photomontage of the Developer's ambitions is presented here for your edification. Don't ask me how they think they are going to get planning permission but apparently it is a "done deal" according to some. If so, the bridleways will become something of a Newmarket gallop! Take a look, log in to http://www.iwight.com/council/departments/planning/apps DIP/temptifpdf If you would like to lodge an objection, you can do so on the same website by going here: http://www.iwight.com/council/departmen ... rmId=20344

Brave'nChompy

Re: Bridleways near Wind Turbines

Postby Brave'nChompy » Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:01 pm

Do you not use electricity?

Or does it just have to come from somewhere else?

I can see wind turbines from my bedroom window and think they look great. I would much rather my electricity came from a benign resource like the wind, rather than nuclear, or coal...

I have ridden a 6yr old horse within about 300m of a windfarm whilst riding the Mar Townley loop in Yorkshire and he was much more concerned about the sheep in the field than the turbines.

pukkapony

Postby pukkapony » Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:02 pm

Cant open the links for some reason, 'Page cannot be displayed' so cant really give an opinion on that.

I think the wind turbines are a very much needed addition to our country, and if they spoil the view from the bridleway then so be it.

In my opinion wind turbines can look and sound a bit sacry to a horse but look at it from the point of you can spend time helping your horse to adjust to the new things on the bridleway route, and maybe once your horse has learnt to accept these you could to.

Brave'nChompy's right, would you rather help save the environment or just watch it drain every resourse it has.

mja

Postby mja » Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:15 am

Not quite the same lol but I pass a single windmill on a regular hacking route on the orad and myed it but now she is fine and doesnt even blink an eyelid. new boy is not keen on it but again this is lessening as he gets used to it.

I would love a bridleway full stop turbine or not lol xx

HollyGee

Postby HollyGee » Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:54 pm

A bridleway near a turbine sounds terrifying to me - I can't help but think "what happens if they throw a blade?"!!! How far would it go? Would it stick into a house?! I do think that as a clean energy source they are good, but they scare me...hehe!

Return to “Hacking happiness”