Your dream hack

Is there an access group that needs your help or a bridleway that needs attention? Maybe you just need help getting your horse past post boxes...
H&R_Editor

Your dream hack

Postby H&R_Editor » Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:53 pm

OK I know it's winter, but we can still fit in weekend hacks. What do you enjoy about hacking? Going for a good gallop across the common? Catching up on the gossip with your friends while riding at a slower pace? Taking in the scenery? What makes hacking special for you?

Personally, I used to dread canters on my old mare, Lucy, but Eekie is great to go for a blast on. She's fast but not strong and doesn't spook much, so cantering is now a joy for me.

Snipper

Re: Your dream hack

Postby Snipper » Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:43 pm

I like a bit of a catch up and a plod along, but with a hint of speed too! One of the commons near me has a long, wide sandy track and it is fab for a canter. You can really let your horse go and the end of the track doesn't appear seconds later! The only problem is you tend to run into the odd dog walker and have to stop, I wish they'd keep them clear for us to enjoy!!! It's almost better on a more miserable day when less people are out and about!

dominochase

Postby dominochase » Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:44 am

Love both hacks on my own – just me and my horse – and group hacks with friends, for different reasons. Its nice to just spend some time bonding with him, but it's also great to catch up with friends. Chatting as we plod along, and then a bit of faster work, and back for a bit of a chat.
It's a lot like nuts and bolts –
if the rider's nuts, the horse bolts!
[b]Nicholas Evans[/b]
[img]http://static.zooomr.com/images/1078553 ... 33bf_m.jpg[/img]

Horse Girl

Postby Horse Girl » Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:20 pm

Most of all i like to have brakes! I enjoy hacks where you can pld along and talk to your friend but have a good canter/gallop as well.

Return to “Hacking happiness”