How many horse books do you have?

Discuss and review the best horsey books around
pukkapony

How many horse books do you have?

Postby pukkapony » Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:10 pm

I was having a tidy up recently and my other half pointed out that the cupboard I keep my horse books in was starting to bend and give way!!!

I decided to re-locate them and give a few of the less seen ones a dust down, to my astonishement I have over 50 horse books, totalling to over £400 in value - I never realised I had spent £100 on books!!!! How many books and how much do you spend on your horsie library and am I over the top?!

Ironicly I also discovered I had the same book three times over with a different picture on the cover, I paid £15 a time for three identiacal copies!

Archie

Re: How many horse books do you have?

Postby Archie » Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:26 am

Me! I have too many but I just can't throw them away much to OH's bemusement! I really do need them all! I've calmed down a bit I did go through a stage where I ordered new books every week, some I've never even read, you know the kind you buy, have a quick expletive through, coo at the pictures and then put it nicely in it's place on the shelf where it stays...yes I own lots of those.

horse_girl

Postby horse_girl » Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:47 pm

I have a truckload of horsey textbooks worth a fair bit, from when I did my Equine Sci degree. I was thinking of selling them on ebay - is this the best way, or would placing a free ad - eg on the Horse&Rider classifieds - be a better option?

Oh, and what seems like the entire Saddle Club series stashed away in my parents' loft! Sure they're worth a bit now... ;)

ponyprincess

Postby ponyprincess » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:19 am

I have too many, particularly childhood pony stories but I can't bring myself to get rid of them. So they sit on the shelf, collecting dust.

dominochase

Postby dominochase » Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:30 pm

I moved house recently and my parents decided it was the perfect time to offload some of my old things. A now have mountains of childhood pony books on my shelves, and minimum amounts of adult reads. I should really go book shopping for some grown-up books.
It's a lot like nuts and bolts –
if the rider's nuts, the horse bolts!
[b]Nicholas Evans[/b]
[img]http://static.zooomr.com/images/1078553 ... 33bf_m.jpg[/img]

Kate_H&R_AssistantEd

Postby Kate_H&R_AssistantEd » Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:17 pm

Selling items in the H&R Classifieds is free, so you never know, someone out there might be dying to get hold of the Jill series for their pony-mad kid!

HollyGee

Postby HollyGee » Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:19 pm

Do you know what? Having read this, I am going to go over to my parents one rainy Saturday and hit the loft where all my old books are kept. I'm going to go through them one by one and relive all the memories!!! Wow, it'll be like going back in time - I'm sure I have an old PONY Annual from circa 1970...

ponyprincess

Postby ponyprincess » Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:31 am

I just can't bring myself to sell my horsy books for 50p a time. My mum visited the other day. She has decided to relieve me of a whole load of books she gave me a child. Now there is some new shelf space, for me to buy another load of books to collect dust.

Ecb+Doodlebug

Postby Ecb+Doodlebug » Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:15 pm

i have a whole shelf in my bookcase devoted to horsey books that my grandad found in secondhand book shops - he still does!

Return to “Horse&Rider Book Club”