The first pony I rode...Patches

Tell us about the first pony that stole your heart!
dominochase

Re: The first pony I rode...Patches

Postby dominochase » Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:27 am

These are great stories! I was 4 when I started riding and I can't remember the first pony. I do remember the first pony I was going to loan. His name was William and he was grey with a hogged mane. Once when we finished our lesson my instructor put the jump pole at the top of the wings and told me to tell everyone me and William had jumped it. He was about 13.2hh, would have been pretty impressive if we had!
It's a lot like nuts and bolts –
if the rider's nuts, the horse bolts!
[b]Nicholas Evans[/b]
[img]http://static.zooomr.com/images/1078553 ... 33bf_m.jpg[/img]

sussexchestnut

Postby sussexchestnut » Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:59 pm

the first pony i ever rode (sat on!) was my cousins grey called Sovereign. i was about 4 or so, but that is what started my love affair with horses. my cousin was lucky enough to have grown up living on a farm, i could only dream of such things with totally non-horsey parents. it took me till i was 10 to persuade them to let me learn to ride. the pony i first had a lesson on was another grey, called Prince.

illusion4ever

Postby illusion4ever » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:45 pm

the 1st pony i rode was a pale grey shetland called Sixpence. he was sooo cute, but when he trotted my hat used to fall over my eyes, beacause it was a bit big for me, and I couldn't see where I was going. it was really funny lol !!

LovingHoneyLots

Postby LovingHoneyLots » Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:37 pm

The first pony I ever rode was a little Appoloosa called Gino and was at a riding school not far from where I lived. He was a perfectly well behaved pony on the lead-rein, I learned how to canter, and jump little fences properly on him. After riding him every week for six months, I couldnt wait to be let off my lead-rope. Without someone by his side, he was completely bonkers and would buck and leap and spin and bolt off until I hit the floor. I dreaded going to my lessons, but my parents forced me to carry on with him, telling me that one day we would over come the issues as a pair. After a year of hitting the deck every week, we could complete courses of jumps together and even entered local shows. Looking back now, I'm greatful that i was pushed to ride a little fire cracker like him, as it's given me the confidence now to get on pretty much anything and not worry about the bucks or spooks.

Return to “The first pony I ever rode...”