Ranch Rider

Find horsey paradise! Share holiday hints and find tips on trips
shantih79

Ranch Rider

Postby shantih79 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:29 am

Has anyone travelled with Ranch Rider? My partner and I are looking to do a 2 week fly-drive then ranch stay at the White Stallion Ranch in Tucson, Arizona next year. Just after a bit of information about the company - reliability, service etc

Any comments gratefully received.

Annie

dollu31

Re: Ranch Rider

Postby dollu31 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:53 pm

me me me!!

We went to the White Stallion in October 2008 for part of our honeymoon! We booked through Ranch Riders and they were great to deal with. In fact, when I returned home, I sent them a review of my holiday (I work in PR by trade) and they used it all over the place, including my local newspapers!

The White Stallion is lovely - I had the most AMAZING horse called Winchester. He was a grey quarter horse, a former barrel racing champ! The ranch does very well at catering for all abilities. I am very experienced but my husband is quite novicey and we were abel to do the same rides etc as they matched us up with horses that suited us. My husband had a young, but lovely natured mustang called Amigo.

I also buddied up to some other experienced riders and we were allowed to have a barrel racing lesson which was FAB!!! If I could have imported Winchester back to the UK - he'd have had a home for life! lol

ooooh....also just noticed you are fly-driving too. We did this and have done so again numerous times in the US (it's our favourite holiday!). Whereabouts are you flying into/out of? For our honeymoon we flew into Vegas and had three nights at the Venitian..we did the tour to the grand canyon, hoover dam etc. Then we drove down through Arizona stopping at various places en-route. We had 4 days in Le Auberge in Sedona. Sedona is beautiful....red rock country and very spectacular scenery. As it was the fall when we visited, the colours were amzing!

If you have any specific questions, please feel free to ask
Sarah
xx

shantih79

Postby shantih79 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:21 pm

Hi Sarah, thank you so much for the informative reply. That's really helped. The first week, we would fly from Manchester to Phoenix and drive up to Monument Valley and then back down to Tucson via the Grand Canyon and Sedona. Then stay a week at The White Stallion and fly home from Tucson. We'd be looking to go in September.

It's good that they cater for all abilities because my partner has only ridden a few times too. I really fancy having a go at Barrel Racing! I've seen loads of photos of the ranch and horses on facebook which look amazing! I like the fact that they really seem to care for their horses. I love the Horse of The Month poll they do - the winner of which gets a 'carrot cake' massage and bath. That's a ranch that sees it's horses as valuable team members rather than commodities.

It's all a bit pricey but I think a fair price to pay for making a dream come true.

Oh I'm pining now!! I just want to get it booked

Thanks again, Annie

dollu31

Postby dollu31 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:39 am

haha no problem! I am jealous already! In fact, if you decide you want to ditch the OH and go for a girly holiday instead I'll come :D

One thing to bear in mind...we went in October and it was HOT!! Make sure you take lightweight clothingfor riding and lots of suncream. On the all day ride, make sure you wear a light-weight, long-sleeved top or you will burn to a crisp!

Seriously though - you'll have the time of your life!

It's my 30th birthday next year and I am trying to talk my husband into another ranch holiday...I fancy somewhere a bit different this time though...possibly up in the rockies

Return to “Horsey holidays”