What is "Best combination?"

From preparation and plaiting to coping with show-day nerves! Share your competitive life experiences here
HorseyGirl

What is "Best combination?"

Postby HorseyGirl » Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:42 pm

I have recently decided to enter a local small show, but one of the classes is called "best combination." Im not sure what it means, colour coordinated, best teamwork? Any replys welcome!!! :) xx

hessy

Re: What is "Best combination?"

Postby hessy » Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:19 pm

I would take it to mean best teamwork sort of thing. Horse and rider working in harmony, manners and obedience etc. Horse going well for rider etc.

Snipper

Postby Snipper » Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:35 pm

I'm not sure to be honest, but I also think it is most likely to be along the lines of how well the horse and rider work together. Sorry I can't be any more help!

littlehorse

Postby littlehorse » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:18 am

I would also say it is how the horse and ride work together. How he listens to you and how effective your aids are. If both of you are working in harmony and relaxed then I am sure that is what they will be looking for.

horse_girl

Postby horse_girl » Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:15 am

That sounds like a good class - so often a push button horse is carrying a rider who blatantly can't ride, but they'll beat another combination who are working well together but the horse is inexperienced/young or whatever. It's nice that the rider gets recognition too, so often you see people sat on the cantle with their legs stuck forward hanging onto a double bridle - with a red rosette attached. Showing is so cliquey! Whatever happened to a classical seat?!?!

Return to “Competitive life”