What's bugging me.....

From preparation and plaiting to coping with show-day nerves! Share your competitive life experiences here
HollyGee

What's bugging me.....

Postby HollyGee » Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:33 pm

Does it irritate anyone else that all these footballer's wives/celebrities get to ride at Olympia just automatically, when everyone else spends years training to get there? Ok yes they are a crowd pull, but I think the show does that for itself. Or am I just jealous?!

Kaliska

Re: What's bugging me.....

Postby Kaliska » Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:47 pm

I can see your point. I'm sort of jealous too but I also know I dont have the skills to ride there and I dont want everyone staring at me and judging my riding!

alison hanmer

Postby alison hanmer » Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:10 pm

I completely agree Hollygee!

Footballers wives trying to ride a dressage test is a waste of space and completely embarassing. Somebody said elsewhere on this forum, isn't it a shame they spend all that time and still ride like a numpty?

However, superstar horses like Totila are another matter!!

pukkapony

Postby pukkapony » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:22 pm

I have to say; how many top eventers have you seen that have made it to the top of their game from owning a less than perfect horse on a less than perfect yard with less than perfect facilitys working a dead end job to pay for the hobby they love?

Yet these people who are all about 110% dedication not just jump on a ride are the better riders, better horsemen and have the life experience from start to finish.

I will however say this doesnt apply to all the top eventers and riders but the vast majority of celebs and people who 'come in to money (more money than sence)' can just jump in at the deep end and with the swish of a very expensive horses tail appear at the likes of Olympia a few months later.

I think if I had a horse that cost me hundreds of thousands of pounds, a 5* all inclusive 1k a month livery yard and trainers that fly in from the likes of america to give me a 2k lesson on my all singing all dancing horse then I would probably be at Olympia next year, never know I could exchange tips on breast support and cross dressing with Katie Price!

A bit of a ramble, but no i'm not jelous, I love my less than perfect everything... if everything I had was made perfect with my millions then what would there be to work towards!

Return to “Competitive life”