What should I do about this woman?

Discuss all things horsey - or not - right here!
MayAndPetit

What should I do about this woman?

Postby MayAndPetit » Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:22 pm

There is a woman who lives up the road from me, she has two horses, loads of cows, goats and sheep but she cant look after them all because she doesnt have enough money. The RSPCA have been called many times but she just keeps rescuing. The horses dont have rugs on in the snow or rain and they dont have daily food. Their fields are littered in corregated iron, a crumbled building and wooden pallets.
What should I do?

Expert_LizPitman

Re: What should I do about this woman?

Postby Expert_LizPitman » Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:03 pm

Call World Horse Welfare. I've found them to be very good.

CookieComeTrue
The SECOND number please: 3

Postby CookieComeTrue » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:40 pm

Thanks, this was also a problem as where I walk my dogs theres a field, littered with rubbish, with 2 ponies in. They are selling the field but I'm scared that the ponies will be dumped.

IonnaStar
The SECOND number please: 99

Postby IonnaStar » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:18 pm

Try not to interfere with the woman yourself. The police usually don't bother with these problems so give World Horse Welfare a call and they'll try their hardest to help. Make sure your not overexaggerating - they may not need a rug and it may not be the womans fault that people dump their rubbish. WHW will advise them about how to care for the horses.

MayAndPetit

Postby MayAndPetit » Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:14 pm

Thank you for everyones comments, i am on my way to sorting it out

willingdonkey
The SECOND number please: 3

Postby willingdonkey » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:44 am

hi its very frustrating and distressing as a compassionate human being to see animals living in such terrible conditions. Its so easy for friends and family to advise you not to get involved but then who is left to help these poor animals. I have found the RSPCA practically impossible to get any help to resolve the suffering of neglected animals. They normally have to be knocking on deaths door before they will intervene. All you can do is keep trying, maybe try more animal charities that are local to you. People seem to be happy to turn a blind eye, and ignore these quite often starving miserable helpless animals, but they are helpless and depend on us since it is humans that made them domestic in the first place. There is also the British Horse Society you could try. Good luck x

Dictionary2000
The SECOND number please: 99

Postby Dictionary2000 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:13 pm

It must be awful for you, but the Police can't really do much. World Horse Welfare would be the best definitely, so contact them and explain the situation. In the meantime, as long as the ponies do not seem overly uncomfortable with their surroundings, just keep an eye on them.

aliceapril49

Postby aliceapril49 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:23 am

I have also found world horse welfare to be helpful.

Return to “General horsey chat”