WONDERFUL WALES!

Find horsey paradise! Share holiday hints and find tips on trips
Jane_H&R_DeputyEd

WONDERFUL WALES!

Postby Jane_H&R_DeputyEd » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:24 am

My non-horsey partner, Andy, and I have just come back from a fantastic weekend in Wales, walking, riding and gliding (fantastic, even if you don't have a head for heights!). But the best thing of all was the fact that after the first day of walking - and getting lost - Andy said he wanted to 'have a trek'. He was so stunned by the Welsh ponies and cobs' ability to negotiate the tough terrain we experienced on foot that he wanted to experience it from the back of a horse. So is he hooked on horses? Watch this space for a full report!

horse_girl

Re: WONDERFUL WALES!

Postby horse_girl » Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:11 pm

Wow, I've been thinking of going horse trekking in Wales myself and now I really am tempted! Which riding company did you go with? I was also thinking of going with some relatively non-horsey friends, although I am an experienced rider. I'm looking for somewhere to go that can accommodate all levels - I wouldn't mind jumping the odd ditch, but I wouldn't want to put my novice buddies through that!

Gliding sounds amazing too - was it pricey?

dominochase

Re: WONDERFUL WALES!

Postby dominochase » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:56 am

I went to Wales for a riding holiday and it was great fun, although it poured with rain the whole trip. The Welsh ponies were amazing. I went with the riding centre that do the Trans Wales Trail. We had pub lunches and gallops across the countryside. It was great! I would definitely go again. On the other hand, the accommodation on site was basic to say the least, but the food was fab.
It's a lot like nuts and bolts –
if the rider's nuts, the horse bolts!
[b]Nicholas Evans[/b]
[img]http://static.zooomr.com/images/1078553 ... 33bf_m.jpg[/img]

Return to “Horsey holidays”