The Dodson & Horrell Bolesworth International Horse Show takes place from 29 June-3 July at Bolesworth Castle near Chester. Set in the stunning grounds of the castle itself, Bolesworth combines amazing sport and so much more in one venue. Here are 11 reasons to attend this year’s event…
- Celeb spotting – see elite showjumpers including Holly Smith, Guy Williams, Louise Saywell, Olli and Will Fletcher, Trevor Breen, William Funnell, Geoff Billington, Jack Whitaker, Joe Davison, Joe Stockdale and many more compete against each other in the international showjumping classes.
- Keep your eye out for eventers Pippa Funnell, Ben Hobday, Gemma Tattersall and Chris Burton who will also be competing in the international showjumping classes.
- Take part in meet and greets at the show with Ben Hobday, Joe Stockdale, and others too.
- Shop ‘til you drop (and then enjoy the hospitality!) with Bolesworth’s shopping village featuring select retailers alongside food drink stands.
- Learn CPR and try your hand at advanced dressage moves on the mechanical horse over in the BETA Safety Hub.
- Bring your family, including the dog, and take part in the fun family dog show and have-a-go-agility over the weekend. There are also Shire horses, donkey rides and lots of other family friendly activities on the Saturday and Sunday.
- See the brightest equine dressage stars of tomorrow in the NEXGEN and NEXONE qualifiers.
- Enjoy the buzz of the Science Supplements A List Auction and see the handpicked showjumpers sell in the ring.
- Watch the mini major pairs relay.
- Look out for Michael Owen and AP McCoy as they’ll be at Bolesworth on Thursday for the speed & style day.
- Puissance and ladies’ day combine on Saturday – the perfect excuse for a day out with the girls.
This is just a snapshot of what’s going on at Bolesworth. To get your tickets, head over to bolesworthinternational.com