A comprehensive look at the rehabilitation of equines in a welfare/domestic environment; covering the key aspect of the rehabilitation process to ensure equines are given a second chance of finding a forever home.
HAPPA is excited to announce its 2016 Equine Rehabilitation Conference – ‘From Rescue to Forever Home’- held on Wednesday 6th July at Shores Hey Farm, Blackhouse Lane, Briercliffe Burnley BB10 3QU 9am-4.30pm. The day is a blend of educational talks and yard based demonstrations suitable for professionals working in the equestrian industry and equine enthusiasts alike.
Tickets cost just £30 each. As well as providing such an outstanding line up of speakers, the ticket price also includes refreshments and lunch.
The impressive roster of speakers will ensure that there is something for everybody to learn and includes:
- The HAPPA Team will be presenting on the key elements of an equines journey to finding a forever home at Shores Hey Farm;
- Emma Finnigan ND Equine Studies
- Morgan Standen BHS AI
- Laura Brown BSC(Hons) Equine Studies and Physical Therapy
- Caroline Dickens Feed Advisor of Baileys Horse Feeds will be educating the audience about the nutritional needs of equines throughout rehabilitation
- Miles Pollard Dip WCF a comprehensive look at conformation faults and remedial shoeing/trimming
- Renowned horseman Mark Fuller will provide a practical demonstration focusing on the retraining of rescued equines
- Joanne Andrews ACPAT Reg Physiotherapist focusing on recognising muscular and physical injuries and the detrimental effects injuries can have on an equines rehabilitation
- Saddles Direct Ltd will be presenting on the effects the fit of your saddle has on an equines well-being and performance
- J. David Walmsley Vet MB BA MRCVS Farm and Equine Director Stanley House Veterinary group. Will be giving an interesting and informative presentation focusing on ‘encysted cyathostomins’
- Tracy Capper HAPPA Equine inspector presenting on ‘When my day is done’ a thought provoking presentation around the subject of euthanasia in a welfare and domestic environment Speaker Profiles
Contact: Sarah Arthur
Tel: 01282 455992
HAPPA’s Mission is to continually strive to improve equine welfare through Rescue, Rehabilitation Rehoming and Education.