An exclusive training guide, packed with exercises, insights, training tips and management essentials from seven-time Olympian Eventer, Sir Mark Todd.
Not all days, or riders, are created equal. That was definitely the case for what started as a misty, overcast November morning driving along the M4. Destination: Badgerstown. It might sound like an obscure town in County Cork, but for those in the know it’s the revered Wiltshire home of a legend – Sir Mark Todd.
As the sun broke through the cloud, one after another of Sir Mark’s top horses appeared calmly from the barn and proceeded to show us exactly why their jockey is a household name. As part of our jobs, the H&R team is lucky enough to see many elite riders working their horses, but not many give you goosebumps.
Following the announcement of Mark’s retirement from eventing earlier this year, we’re so excited to bring you this exclusive training guide, packed with exercises, insights, training tips and management essentials straight from the horse’s – well, seven-time Olympian’s – mouth. So, what are you waiting for? Make a cuppa and get stuck in. We have just one apology – your horse is in for a busier winter than he bargained for!
- Between the boards Mark shares his top tips for nailing eventing’s first phase
- The perfect partner What should you look for in an eventer? Mark shares all
- Jump to it Exercises to perfect your performance over fences
- A day in the life A sneak peak into how an elite eventing yard is run
- Fighting fit Get a glimpse of Mark’s fitness routines for both horse and rider
- The star of the show A straightforward guide to cross-country success
- Making the most of it Find out how Mark tackled his eventing seasons
- Behind the scenes When H&R met Mark Todd
Get your exclusive guide with February Horse&Rider, on sale 12 December.