2019 SEIB Search for a Star champions, Linsfort Ear to the Ground and Lisa Sergeant, with reserve champions Rambo and Pippa Tucker. ©Steve Dawe.
With qualifying dates announced, SEIB Search for a Star is the ultimate goal for aspiring amateur show riders to set their sights on. On the other hand, Racehorse to Riding Horse series encourages ex-racehorses to set course on a new career, where they can compete for a national showing title.
The finals for both classes will take place at Horse of the Year Show (HOYS) in October following qualifying shows held across the UK throughout the spring and summer. The third year of the Search for a Star Mountain and Moorland championship will take place at Your Horse Live in November 2020.
While the SEIB Racehorse to Riding Horse classes are open to both amateur and professional riders, Search for a Star is available for amateur riders only, a rule that’s very strictly enforced. Testing for prohibited substances and tack inspections may take place according to SEIB guidelines for ethical showing. The full schedule for Search for a Star will be released in due course, but, in the meantime, the 2020 qualifying dates are…
- 5 April Bury Farm, Leighton Buzzard, LU7 9BT
- 2 May Stretcholt Equestrian Centre, Somerset, TA6 4SR
- 7 June Greenlands EC, Carlisle, CA4 0RR
- 19 July Onley Equestrian Complex, Rugby, CV23 8AJ
- 2 August Arena UK, Grantham, NG32 2EF
- 6 September Land Rover Burghley Horse Trials, Stamford
- 7–11 October HOYS Search for a Star final, NEC Birmingham
- 6 November Search for a Star Mountain and Moorland finals, NAEC Stoneleigh
For more information, visit search4astar.org.uk